Ashcroft Recruitment Privacy Statement
The term "Ashcroft" used in this Statement covers the following business entities: Ashcroft Care Services Ltd, Ashcroft Property Services Ltd and Ashcroft Business Services Ltd where applicable.
This privacy statement applies to all applicants who participate in the Recruitment process with Ashcroft.
In order to operate the Ashcroft recruitment process and systems where required, we will collect and store personal information you submit to it.
By submitting your personal information, you are consenting to Ashcroft holding and using it in accordance with this policy.
The policy is subject to change and any changes to it in the future will be notified on this page. By pursuing the recruitment process with Ashcroft you are agreeing to such changes. We recommend that you check the privacy statement each time you visit this site.
- Information that we collect from you.
- How we handle the data that is submitted by you
- How to contact us
1.0 Information that we collect from you
When you complete an Ashcroft Application Form you will be asked to provide certain information (both personal and sensitive data), including your name, contact details, date of birth, address, telephone numbers, email address, job history, education history, reference details, driving license information and disclosure of criminal record information (if applicable).
Some of the information is mandatory in order for Ashcroft to consider an application for a vacancy or meet its statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities.
2.0 How we handle the data that is submitted by you
Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process and used for anonymised reporting purposes.
Data entered as part of an application is stored in our secure electronic system and hard-copy files and will be made available to an applicant to ‘reuse’ as part of a future application (this information is held for 6 months since last application and then will be securely removed and destroyed).
In the event of your application resulting in an offer and your acceptance of a position at Ashcroft, your personal information will be sent to and held in Ashcroft's staff database and hard-copy files.
2.1 Data Protection Legislation
Ashcroft is your data controller. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by Ashcroft in accordance with current Data Protection Legislation.
2.2 Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Ashcroft HR Department in writing.
2.3 Disclosure of your information
Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior written consent.
2.4 Data Protection Statement:
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes at Ashcroft and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement, unless otherwise indicated. Your data will be retained only for as long as is permitted by UK legislation and then destroyed.
By submitting your personal data and application, you: (1) declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this data protection clause; (2) are declaring that the information given in the application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that deliberate omissions and incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected or to your dismissal; (3) are giving your consent to the processing of the information contained in this application and any other personal data you may provide separately in the manner and to the extent described; and (4) are authorising Ashcroft to verify or have verified on their behalf all statements contained in this application and to make any necessary reference and vetting checks.
2.5 Data Retention and Storage
The information is kept on secure computer systems and in secure manual filing systems. Maintaining recruitment records and keeping it secure is the responsibility of the HR Department (Recruitment). All employees of Ashcroft are required to comply with the Ashcroft's Security Policy.
Unsuccessful applicant data will be held within the recruitment system (electronic and manual files) for a period of 6 months before being securely deleted in order that you can access and re-use data in future applications, in the stated time-frame.
Successful applicant data will be deleted after a period of seven years following the official leave date.
3.0 How to contact us
For any queries, to report breaches and/or confirm deletion of data in connection with this privacy statement, please contact: HR Department, Unit 21 Gatwick Metro Centre, Balcombe Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9GA.